Meet Stephen F. Curran, PhD, ABPP
Board certified in police and public safety psychology, Dr. Curran has been conducting public safety assessments and independent medical examinations for more than 30 years. He was among the first psychologists to earn board certification in police and public safety psychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology—in fact, fewer than 80 psychologists are recognized in the United States for having the proficiency and competence to achieve board certification.
Dr. Curran has promoted reintegration programs for police officer-citizen soldiers returning from deployments in support of OIF/OEF, for which he received the Maryland Army National Guard Commendation Medal in 2007.
Most recently, he is the author of, Busted! Police and Public Safety Ethical Decision-Making: What Psychologists, Mental Health Professionals and LE Professionals Need to Know.
- Past chair, IACP Police Psychological Services Section
- American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
- American Psychological Association, Police and Public Safety, Division 18
Publications and Presentations:
- Psychological Intervention for Law Enforcement Personnel. The Police Chief.
- Managing Encounters with Returning Veterans. The Police Chief.
- Assessment and evaluation: Collecting the requisite building blocks for treatment planning. In Clevenger et al. Behind the Badge.
- Transition and Reintegration of Military Personnel to Law Enforcement Careers. In Dorian and Mitchell (Eds), Police Psychology and its Growing Impact on Modern Law Enforcement.
Need More Information? Let's Talk.
Find out how Atlantic OccuPsych can support your workplace, department or community. Contact us today.